Minutes of the Meeting
Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011
Deo/Myrna Villafranca’s Residence
I The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm with an invocation led by Alex Baes.
Deo/Myrna Villafranca Thess/Romy Vilafranca
Helen de Castro Val J. Perez
Nedy Mercado Carmen Borillo
Erning/Luz Benitez Honey Boy/Merly Pagunsan
Eric Vilafranca Linda Perez
Alex/Nhell Baes Elmer Patena
Nick/Rosie Reyes Nelia Villafranca
Joe/Rose Villafranca Rey Perez
Nedy thanked Deo and Myrna for hosting the meeting and for the delicious foods prepared and served.
Today is Deo and Myrna’s 45th wedding anniversary.
IV READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting was read by Luz giving highlights to the Association’s 25th anniversary celebration next year and approved by everybody present. Caroling was proposed to be done probably the 1st 2 week-ends in Decembers.
VI DONATION MADE TO THE FORMELOZA FAMILY FOR CAMILLE’S SURGERY
Total donation from members $ 620.00
Donation from the Association 380.00
TOTAL DONATION FROM ASS’N $ 1,000.00
Rose Tejares Villafranca was requested to bring the money to the Philippines and Sony Berberabe, Eileen Toreja were all present when the money was handed to the father of Camille which was done at the Saint James Hospital. Dr. Roger Panganiban took pictures and father of Camille sent pictures(passed around to everybody) of the amazing, successful surgery done at the Orthopedic Hospital. Now Camille will be able to live a normal life after her surgery. Thanks to all who have donated to the family.
At this point Nedy inquired if there has been any mention during the last meeting of any procedure we should take in the event that there will be monetary request for donation regarding health concerns of our “kababayans.” Apparently, there wasn’t any discussed but it has been approved by everybody present that in the future we should discuss/evaluate the situation from all angles during our meeting and approach it on a case to case basis. We will decide if we have to send donation from members and the association depending on the outcome of the case evaluation.
VII CHRISTMAS CAROLING
Nedy has prepared and read the letter to the prospective families we will pick for caroling. Nedy will figure out who the prospective families will be and call them first to be followed by sending the letter to expedite the procedure. Few suggestions of families came up and Nedy made note of them. She will just call and inform the carolers by email where to go. Dates suggested were the first 2 week-ends in December possibly Dec. 3,(fri) 4 and 5 and the following week-end Dec. 10. Final dates and time will be announced by Nedy. Meeting place will be at Deo and Myrna’s residence.
VIII 25th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION IN JULY 2012
- $1,500 was deposited with Almansor Court. Thanks to Merly for negotiating with them on our behalf in many ways. The hotel has been ruled out as a venue since it will be too expensive for us.
- It’ s a a formal affair, sit down menu and the menu choice is Filet Mignon and Atlantic Salmon.
- We will finalize everything with Almansor Court as we get close to our date.
- It was agreed that tickets will cost $50 for adults and $25 for children.
- Honey Boy mentioned about a good live band he knows which probably cost $1200 but will negotiate for a lower cost if he can. He will be responsible to do the arrangements with them.
- A casino turn around will be scheduled sometime in January or February 2012 to raise additional funds to offset our expenses for the anniversary celebration.
- Rigodon dance is most likely not a possibility anymore but the traditional “Bati” will still be part of the program. Nicole Reyes will perform with Mark Patena and someone which we will still look for. Kirk declined.
- During the past dinner dance celebration we had an unpleasant experience in awarding first raffle prize, we should be very careful about awarding prizes in the future.
- More details about our celebration will be discussed in the future meetings. Nhell suggested that beginning January we should hold a monthly meeting to avoid the “big rush” to prepare for our July affair.
Next meeting will be on Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 2 pm at Deo and Myrna’s residence.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
Minutes of the meeting taken and prepared by: